The benefits for your child
futureFERNS is all about encouraging kiwi kids to AIM HIGH. Increase your skills and have fun with your friends with modified Netball activities and games. futureFERNS is the perfect introduction to our favourite game.
Mother Earth futureFERNS is Netball New Zealand’s official junior Netball programme for Year 1 - 8 children.
To ignite a lifelong involvement in Netball, a sequential programme has been developed that is at the right level for the players at each stage. The emphasis is on fun activities conducted in a safe environment. Small sided games are the preferred training method and are proven to be the most appropriate way to enhance skill and tactical development.
Mother Earth futureFERNS is focused on enabling individuals to experience personal achievements and the benefits for the players and parents are:
- Development of sound fundamental Netball skills
- Participation in a safe learning environment
- Playing with their friends and meeting others
- Active physical involvement
- Lifelong love of Netball
- Reassurance that their child is participating in a NNZ endorsed programme
- Enhancement of the child’s social and fundamental skills
- Ability to share skills and knowledge with the Netball community
- Opportunity to learn more about Netball
- Opportunity to spend time with and play with their children
- Prospect to make new friends
- Value for money